Update: The first video on this post is the extended section of her interview with Cynthia McFadden where she talks about Lady Gaga. Now that I look at all this again it doesn't seem like much of a battle. It's like "ooooooh she called Gaga's 'Born this Way' reductive. HOLY FUCKING SHIT!" This whole situation has been blown out of proportion. A lot of the headlines I'm reading say stuff like what Fox News put up: "Madonna says Lady Gaga ripped off her song 'Express Yourself'. Yes, she said it "sounded familiar" but c'mon. At the 28 second Mark McFadden asks Madonna if she feels like Gaga is ripping her off and she says "no, she's she and I'm me." I actually give Madonna a little credit now in hindsight. She still seems like a shallow, mean spirited you-know-what, but......hindsight. For the original post just keep reading. Cynthia McFadden, ABC's co-anchor on Nightline had the pleasure of interviewing Madonna. At the end she weighs in a little bit on Lady Gaga. When asked if it was annoying that Gaga's "Born this Way" sounds a lot like The Material Girl's "Express Yourself", she replied with "It felt reductive". When McFadden asked whether that was a good or bad thing she replied bitchily "look it up." Reductive: Tending to present a subject or problem in a simplified form, esp. one viewed as crude; minimal. Sounds bad. My favorite part is when McFadden asked her "When was the last meal you cooked entirely by yourself?"
Madonna: "I don't think I've ever cooked a meal entirely by myself."
McFadden: "Who makes the food?"
Madonna: "Ummmm…..everybody. I have a cook. My daughter likes to cook. My son likes to cook. Ummmm…"
McFadden: "Do you have anything you can cook?"
Madonna: "My nannies cook. My housekeepers cook. The drivers cook. Everybody cooks."
McFadden: "Do you cook anything?"
Madonna: "No but I do everything else, do I have to do everything?" Everything except cook Madonna, your army of helpers will do that for you. Do you blame her? Madonna's "Express Yourself" Gaga's "Born this Way" My verdict: yes, it sounds very similar, but Gaga's video is freakin' awesome and also allows me to embed it in this site. Madonna's, not so much. Victory – Gaga.
Download The DBR Mobile App!
Top Posts & Pages
- Zod’s Making Demands in Man of Steel’s “Fate of Your Planet” Trailer (+ Gallery)
- VideoGamer.com’s Matt Lees Shares His Abridged Version of the Xbox One Announcement
- DouBle B’s NBA Basketball Picks: Conference Finals Edition
- Join Me For The Xbox Reveal Event on Twitter at 10am PST
- Kanye West Busts Out Two New Tracks on SNL – #MusicMonday
- RIP Ray Manzarek of The Doors (2/12/39 – 5/20/13) – #MusicMonday
- Deathstroke, Deadshot, and Black Mask Try to Catch Batman In The Arkham Origins Trailer (Gallery)
- Death Star Destroys Enterprise (Special Edition) Is Pretty Much What It Sounds Like, Which Is Awesome
- The New Teaser for Anchorman: The Legend Continues Has Liquor Breath and Wants to Be Your Friend
- Evil Dead: A DouBle B Quick-ish Review
Tags#MusicMonday AMC Basketball Batman Battlefield 3 Blake Griffin Brains ESPN Florida Gators Funny Game of Thrones Go Huskies! HBO IGN James Harden Kevin Durant Kobe Bryant LeBron James Louisville Cardinals Miami Heat Michigan Wolverines NBA NBA 2K13 NBA Playoffs Oklahoma City Thunder Oregon Ducks Playstation 3 Prometheus Rika Seattle Seahawks Semi-TweetFest Skyrim Star Wars The Avengers The Walking Dead The Wire Thursday Trailer Shootout Trailer Twitter UCLA Bruins Video Games Washington Huskies Washington State Cougars XBox 360 Zombies